Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 30 January 2012

More winter skills


I was out again yesterday with Lancaster Uni. We headed into Sneachda in stronger than forecast winds discussing avalanche assessment and building on what they had learnt during their theory session the night before. We then headed up on to the ficail ridge at the toe to look at some more cramponing skills and then look at some winter ropework. From hear we headed over to the moraines to look at some avalanche assessment pits before heading back to the car park by going over the ridge and in to the ski area.

No comments:

Post a Comment