Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 28 April 2012

Summer or Winter?


I have been at Glenmore Lodge for the last few days working with the John Muir Trust. A number of their employee's had come to Glenmore Lodge for some training relating to their outdoor work, with all sorts of different back grounds we had a varied few days looking at 1st Aid, Emergency Procedures, Working Alone procedures, river crossings and navigation.

It has been very wet in the Cairngorms with the rain turning to snow above about 600m. Reports are of there being a lot of fresh snow high up and with a good forecast this weekend I imagine there to be some good ski conditions. Shame this was not the case during March. However I imagine there would be some fairly unstable snow as well, more info on the SAIS website.

I am off to Inverness to do the M C of S FUNdamentals course at the climbing wall along with a few other instructors.

No comments:

Post a Comment