Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Friday 8 June 2012

Summer ML Assessment

Managing a burn crossing

Getting a bit deeper!

At the start of the week I was at Glenmore Lodge working on a Summer Mountain Leader Assessment. On Monday we spent the day looking at emergency procedures, water hazards, a leaders rucksack, navigation and some environmental knowledge. On Tuesday we spent the day looking at group management in steep ground and unplanned use of the rope, plus more navigation and environmental knowledge. The weather was kind to us on both days and they team did well. They are now off on expedition with Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment