Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Friday 10 August 2012

Navigation Week

Looking towards the Northern Corries from Craggan Gorm

Looking into Loch Eanaich from the summit of Sgor Gaoith

Loch Morlich from the rim of Coire Laogh Mor

Looking back towards Beinn a Chaorainn from the north ridge of Cairngorm

Looking back towards Aviemore on the way up Craiggowrie

I have just finished a week at Glenmore Lodge working on a Hill Skills and Navigation course. My team and I had a great weeks visiting a number of areas in and around the Cairngorms. We had a few cloudy days at the start of the week to look at some poor weather navigation techniques and then the last three days have been lovely. This has allowed us to have some great days in the hills enjoying the views as well as looking at emergency procedures and macro navigation.

A great week. This weekend I am back at Glenmore Lodge working on a safe ropework and self rescue weekend. Fingers crossed the weather holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment