Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 25 August 2012

Ropework and Self Rescue - 11th - 12th August

Building Belays at Kingussie Crag
Last weekend I was at Glenmore Lodge working on a Safe Ropework and Gear Placement day followed by an Introduction to Self Rescue Day. On day one we headed out to Kingussie Crag were we had nice sunny weather with a good breeze. This allowed us to look at gear placements and equalising belays using diffrent methods as well as self protecting personal abseils. Sunday had us spending the day in and around Glenmore Lodge were we looked at some self rescue techniques. During the day we covered Y-Hang Abseils, Prussiking, Lowering past a knot, abseiling pas a knot and hauling from within the system.
 
A good day with lots of technical ideas cover. These are great days for people who climb on multi pitch crags or remote crags and want to be a bit safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment