Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Saturday 25 August 2012

SPA Assessment

John enjoying being guided up a route at Cummingston

Dealing with abseiling problems at Kingussie

Stuck climber on a bottom rope
Earlier in the week I was working with John Armstrong at Glenmore Lodge on an SPA Assessment. The team were all from the UAE and had been across in Scotland for a while doing various NGB awards. On day 1 we headed to Cummingston to look at personal climbing and abseiling, were we had nice sunny weather. On day 2 we headed to Kingussie Crag to look at group set ups and issues. The weather was not quite as nice as day 1 but we still managed to look at all the rigging and issues that we needed to. The team all did really well and passed their SPA Assessment, well done to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment