Sandy Paterson Mountaineering

This is a blog of my personal and work climbing along with all the other things I do in the outdoors. Please feel free to have a look at my main website.

Over winter I will try and blog at the end of each week, however I will aim to tweet each day so feel free to follow me @SandyPMIC



http://www.sandypaterson.co.uk/

Monday 29 April 2013

SPA Training

Last week I was directing an SPA Training at Glenmore Lodge. It is great running these courses at Glenmore Lodge as they now allow 3 days for the training rather then the 2 that they used to be, 3 days just allows more time to practice and cover the syllabus.
 
I was working with Andy Townsend and we spent time at Cummingston, Kingussie and Huntlys Cave as well as a wall session at Glenmore Lodge. Over the 3 days we looked at at Personal Climbing skills, rigging bottom and top ropes, group abseils, running climbing wall sessions and dealing with common problems at the crag.
 
A great 3 days with only a few showers and a good bunch of students who I wish all the best in preparing for there assessments in the future.

Rigging and dealing with problems at Huntlys Cave

The fixed nut in The Slot Direct......no longer fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment